Recycled Rubber Surface Playgrounds
The Environmentally Friendly, Play Surface That's Kid Friendly
Each year, more than 200,000 children go to US hospital emergency rooms with injuries associated with playground equipment.
Most injuries occur when a child falls from the equipment on to the ground. Many backyard play sets are placed on dirt or grass surfaces that do not adequately protect children when they fall…alternative surfaces…including synthetic surfaces are recommended."
SAFETY FIRST! Rubber Mulch provides that extra margin of safety and offers Moms and Dads a greater peace of mind by making the backyard playground not only a fun place, but also a safe place, for kids.
Why use Rubber Mulch products?
- Made from 100% recycled tires
- Environmentally safe & sensitive (does not consume forest resources)
- All colors are non-toxic, HAPS-free & non-staining
- Exclusive Microban Protection
- Non-harmful to children, pets or animals
- Will not attract termites or Insects like other products
- Saves time and money every year by replacing the need for annually mulching
- Long-lasting, vibrant colors will retain its look year after year
- Available In Vibrant Colors To Match Your Landscape
- Heavier and more durable than other materials
- Will not float away in heavy rain or blow away with the wind
- Protects against mosquito nesting, rubber mulch remains dry on top
- Colors resist fading, decomposition and leaching
After cutting a tire into small shreds, the material goes through a cryogenic (freezing) process, which reduces the temperature of the shreds to minus 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
In this state of deep-freeze, the shreds, which become as brittle as glass, are then processed through a hammer mill which shatters them into small pieces. Because each of the three components of tires (rubber, metal wire, and thread) shatters at a different temperature, this process cleanly separates the three.
We then separate the resulting material using screens, magnets and vacuum systems, thereby isolating a ¼ - ½ inch rubber pellet that is 100% free of exposed metal wire.
Finally, the product is then coated in one of six vibrant colors with a unique polyurethane-based coating, which is non-toxic, color-fast and abrasion-resistant. The product is then packaged and delivered to schools, community playgrounds and residential back-yards, so children can remain safe while at play.